For Academic vacancies please click HERE.
The College regularly appoints post-doctoral researchers without a current college to Research Associateships, giving them a college affiliation and a chance to participate in college life in Cambridge.
For more information and the details of how to apply, please click here.
Corpus Christi College is offering a full-time post for a Book Conservator with comprehensive experience of book, paper and parchment conservation practice to join the small team working in the Cambridge Colleges’ Conservation Consortium studio based at the College.
The studio has a busy schedule of work, carrying out interventive conservation treatments and providing preservation advice and support on both library and archive materials for the fourteen members of the Cambridge Colleges’ Conservation Consortium.
The position provides the opportunity to work on a wide range of materials from incunables to modern archives, and to cover paper, parchment and binding conservation. Experience of historical binding structures and the ability to carry out high quality interventive conservation work is essential.
The successful applicant will have a proven record of excellent practical skills and be looking to develop their professional experience. They will be dedicated and self-motivated, able to work both on their own and as part of a small team. Excellent communication and report-writing skills as well as a diplomatic approach are essential. The postholder will have a degree or diploma, preferably with postgraduate conservation training or equivalent experience, as well as a passion for the subject.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and conditions of employment, including a pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, car parking and use of College facilities.
How to Apply. Please:
- Complete our APPLICATION FORM and EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM
- Enclose your current Curriculum Vitae.
- Explain your interest in the position and how you fit the role as described in the Job Description/Person Specification, using the Suitability for Employment section of the Application Form, or a covering letter.
- Your application forms must be accompanied by a portfolio of recent work including photographs (maximum three projects) These should be sent electronically as PDFs.
- Send your completed application electronically to the HR Manager at Corpus Christi College: email@example.com
Enquiries: Further enquiries may be emailed to
- the Managing Conservator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to
- the HR Manager (email@example.com).
Closing Date: Friday, 7 April 2017
Interviews: Will be held in the week commencing Tuesday, 18 April 2017