Skip to main content
Corpus Christi College University of Cambridge

Financial Information

Your College Account

You will receive a statement at the beginning of each term detailing the College charges that are due for payment and one third of both the College and University tuition fees. The latter will be less any contribution from the Student Loans Company.

Payment is due in full by the first day of Full Term. If you cannot settle your account within two weeks you should talk to your Tutor immediately. You will incur an administration fee and an interest charge if you pay late without good reason. If the account continues to remain unpaid after the end of term, you may be asked to leave college accommodation until the amount outstanding has been cleared.

A final statement for the year is sent at the end of the Easter Term; this must be paid by 31st July. Otherwise, interest will be charged and accommodation for the next academic year withheld.

All undergraduates must have settled their college account in full before they can graduate. For this reason, in your final year you will receive an estimated bill for payment in two instalments at the beginning of the Lent and Easter terms, to cover your final term. It will be based on your previous spending patterns and any over-payment will be refunded promptly after you graduate.

How to settle your College Account

Payment is made through the College Finance Office, situated on the ground floor of ‘A’ staircase in New Court. Cheques (please write your name and College account number on the back), debit and credit cards and inter-bank transfers are all accepted, but please be aware that a surcharge will apply to credit card payments. Please speak promptly to a member of the Finance Office staff if you have any queries about your bill.

What your College Account includes

Your College Account will include the following charges:

  • Room Rent: short leases cover term-time only. For 2015/16 they range from £1,033 – £1636 per term with the average being £1292. Long leases secure accommodation from the beginning of the Michaelmas Term to the end of the Easter Term. In 2015/16 they range, per term, from around £1352 – £2066 with the average being £1666. A room deposit of £150 is required at the start of the first term of residence. This is refunded after graduation less any damage charges incurred.
  • Kitchen Fixed Charge (KFC): this is a compulsory fixed charge for each termly lease period is made as a contribution to the overheads incurred in operating college catering facilities. Please note that every undergraduate has to pay the KFC, regardless of dietary requirements and whether they eat in college or not. The charge per term in 2015/16 is £190.66 for 30-week leases and £247.85 for 39-week leases.
  • Meal charges: each course and each item within a course of meals is individually priced. It is estimated that the cost of full board (breakfast, two-course lunch and dinner) would be in the order of £720 per term. A cashless card system is used for all self-service meals in hall and for Formal Hall. It can also be used in the College bar where sandwiches, confectionery, snacks, soft drinks and hot drinks are available.
  • Network Connections: there are excellent 24-hour computing facilities available in our dedicated computer room with printing facilities (charged by the sheet). All student rooms have Cambridge University Network ports and WiFi to enable access to e-mail and the internet. Connection costs are included in room rents.
  • Sundry charges: other costs that you might incur include additional room heating charges, printing charges and use of guest rooms.

Help with Funding

Please contact either your Tutor or the Tutorial Office if you have specific financial questions or worries. The College has several funds which can be accessed by Undergraduate students, including the following:

  • Hardship Funding: if you find yourself in financial hardship, please consult your Tutor for advice without delay. Remember that the sooner the problem is tackled, the easier it will be to sort things out. If you have a Financial Notification which states that you are entitled to a UK Government Maintenance Grant, then you could be eligible for a Cambridge Bursary. These bursaries are awarded automatically so there is no application procedure. You will receive a letter outlining any bursary awarded early in the Michaelmas Term. There are also many other bursaries and grants, such as the Access to Learning Fund and the Bell, Abbott and Barnes Fund. However, your should always first consult your Tutor, who will be able to advise you if any are applicable to your circumstances and help you to make the application.
  • Travel Grants: Corpus provides some funding towards travel in the Long Vacation. Details will be circulated by the Tutorial Administrator during the Lent Term.
  • Study Grants: some funding towards extra, unexpected expenses incurred as a result of your studies is available. This might cover costs associated with dissertation research, travel and entry fees to museums and libraries, costs of materials for lab projects and so on. Please consult your Tutor in the first instance. Applications are considered throughout the year.
  • Frisby Sports Grants: Corpus has a small fund for sporting activities. This is administered by the Second Bursar via a competition in the Michaelmas Term. Please watch out for an e-mail from the Tutorial Office containing full details of the application procedure.