Skip to main content
Corpus Christi College University of Cambridge

Visiting Fellowships

Corpus Christi College has a regular programme for welcoming senior academics from other universities as Visiting Fellows and temporary membership of this College. These Fellowships are non-stipendiary and ideally suited to faculty members on sabbatical leave from their permanent positions.

Visiting Fellows may not register for degree courses.

Visiting Fellows can normally obtain permission to use and borrow from the University Library, which has one of the most comprehensive collections of books and manuscripts in the United Kingdom. They can also use some Departmental libraries; this is arranged most conveniently after arrival in Cambridge. If the scholar hopes to have bench space in a laboratory, or a similar facility, it is essential that before approaching Corpus Christi he or she should apply to the appropriate University Department or Faculty to enquire whether such facilities can be made available for the period of the applicant’s stay in Cambridge. If a personal contact is not available it is best to write to the Head of Department in the appropriate discipline. A full list of Faculties and Departments in the University of Cambridge may be obtained through the University web-site

The College provides Visiting Fellows with meals at High Table, or at Leckhampton, the postgraduate campus of the College. Visiting Fellows become members of the University of Cambridge during their stay and enjoy many of the benefits of working in an international centre for research and cultural activities.

The College is occasionally able to offer accommodation to Visiting Fellows, depending on availability. Rent is payable, at reasonable rates. Most Visiting Fellows however find their own accommodation on the commercial market in Cambridge, often using the University Accommodation Service to help them find a suitable house or flat. Applicants should note that Visiting Fellowships at Corpus may not be held concurrently with a similar fellowship at another college or university. 

Applications procedure

Applications should be received before 31 March in the year before the start of the academic year in which the Fellowship could start. The application should include the following:

(a) a Completed Application Form, applicants should note that the form requires two references to be sent direct to the Master’s PA.
(b) a full Curriculum Vitae, including details of education, and academic career, together with a list of publications;
(c) a brief description (one to two pages) of the research to be pursued in Cambridge;

Applicants who need an early decision on their application should apply as soon as possible and indicate in an accompanying letter the date by which they need a decision from the College. Every effort will be made by the College to meet such deadlines.
Visiting Fellows are normally expected not to hold any appointment at or temporary membership of another Cambridge College during the tenure of their appointment at the College, and applicants are asked to notify the College immediately if they intend to accept an invitation elsewhere.

Applications should be sent, preferably by email, to:

The Master’s PA, Corpus Christi College, Cambridge CB2 1RH, England.
Tel: +44 1223 – 338062 (direct line), or +44 1223 – 338000 (Porters’ Lodge)

Pacific Islander Visiting Fellowship Scheme

Corpus Christi College offers Visiting Fellowships to scholars who are citizens of the Pacific Island nations and also those residents in the French Pacific territories (i.e. Melanesia, Micronesia, Polynesia) but excluding citizens of USA, New Zealand and Australia. The Fellowship is offered to those who wish to spend six or seven weeks in the summer in Cambridge. Applicants must be engaged in teaching or research at a University (but not necessarily in the Pacific). Assistance towards the cost of travel to and from the UK may be available from the Macdonald-Milne Bursary.  If you would like to apply for a Pacific Islander Visiting Fellowship please write an application letter to the Master and include your CV and research proposal and send it to